in Pet Welfare
The benefits of regular grooming
Why should you groom your pet at home – weekly?
It is a pet owner’s responsibility to maintain good skin and coat condition for their pet.
This includes regular brushing and combing. The comb should run freely through the coat.
Regular grooming promotes good health by:
- Stimulating the skin and promoting good blood circulation
- Aerating the coat ensuring healthy growth
- Brushing away cast and loose hairs, dander and grass seeds
- Avoiding knots and mats from forming
- Creating a good bonding time – reducing stress for you and your pet
- Increases the joy of being handled for your pet
- Increasing the chance for a few treats and rewards for your pet
- A Good time for a health check and to getting to know your pet better
- A Time to inspect for any parasites in coat, skin or ears!
- To attract admiration for your beautiful
- Minimising additional vet and grooming fees.
Not grooming your pet regularly can cause:
- A dull or greasy coat and itchy skin
- Knots and matts in the coat
- Lots of loose hairs and dander in the coat
- Grass seeds which can enter the dogs skin and cause internal damage
- Dog can get stressed and aggressive when grooming time comes around
- Parasites and fungus can live un- noticed in your pets’ coat and ears causing infections, pain and distress
- Increases your vet and grooming fees